Thursday, May 29, 2008

Greetings to Class of "83"

Hi Everyone,
After reading most of the posts, I must say this blogging is a first for most of us. My boys will be so impressed I learned how to blog and text in the same week. Kewl...does anyone say that anymore?

Thanks goes out to Mary & Company for all their hard work putting together the reunion and the blog. Great Job!

I get to Chetek about once a month to see my folks, and every once in awhile I see one of my old classmates. My mom, who works at the library, keeps me well informed on the happenings.

I live in Hastings MN with my husband Holt, 17 year old son Ryan, and 4 Labs. Our 22 old son lives in California, and our 26 year old son and wife live in Idaho. I work as a Human Resource Director for a Manufacturing Facility in Hastings. Life is good!

I can't wait to see everyone on Aug 9th at the Bowling Alley. Lisa, your children are beautiful. I'm sure you've heard this a hundred times, but your daughter looks just like you. Maybe we can squeeze in a 9-pin tourney, before or after, Andrea's wedding.

Hope to see and hear from everyone very soon.

Lori Spence

3 comments:

Monique said...

Hey Lori, what manufacturing facility do you work for? I work at The Donaldson Company in Bloomington. I used to work in HR and have transferred to a different department quite a few years ago, but still have friends in HR. Can't believe we have not run into each other. Talk to you soon. Monique

Lori Spence said...

HI Monique, I work for Cambria/Innovative Surfaces, we fabricate and install granite coutertops, etc. We have about 150 Union and non-union employees. I've been here 5 years, and prior to that I was the HR Manager for Clopay Building Products in Baldwin. So yes, it is surprising our paths have not crossed. Are you attending the SHRM conference in Chicago next month?

Monique said...

Well, I'm not in HR anymore, so I won't be going to Chicago. Speaking of Cambria, did you know a Wanda Walsh? I'm pretty sure she used to work there. She used to work at Donaldson and we have kept in touch throughout the years. Anyway, talk to you again. Monique